Flexible Future Benefit Trust
A reversionary interest trust, which allows investors to make an Inheritance Tax (IHT) effective gift whilst retaining access to a series of future capital entitlements.
Summary of benefits
- Establishing a tax efficient future income stream through planned reverting capital payments, with the option to defer the entitlement date if the scheduled payment is not required at that time, without IHT consequences.
- The ability to make regular top ups to the investment, using the 'normal expenditure out of income' exemption or ad hoc top ups, when the settlor has sufficient Nil Rate Band available.
- The trust may appeal to those looking to accumulate wealth for retirement and also retirees looking to preserve wealth in an IHT friendly environment.
- Adviser guide
- Trust Deed
- Tax Guide and FAQs
- Guide to ‘normal expenditure out of income’ exemption
- Guide to Policy Funds
- Flexible Future Benefit Trust - Customer Guide
Our Flexible Future Benefit Trust is written using our Reserve Advance product.